Fashion Earth Alliance – Vocational Excellence and Enterprise united for training, policy reform and sustainability in the fashion, textiles and apparel industries
Visit the Project's Website
Follow the project on Social Media
Fashion represents a very important industry for the European economy, with approximately 5 million people directly employed in the fashion value chain and over 1 million people in high-end industries. EU exports to the rest of the world represent more than 30% of the world market, reaching a turnover of 50 billion in 2019.
However, recruiting and retaining a skilled workforce in the fashion industry is one of the biggest challenges, according to Euratex (the European apparel and textile organization). This is what the FEA-VEE project aims to achieve: establish a common understanding on shared strategies to reverse the lack of interest and required skillset among the workforce and facilitate collaboration among different stakeholders via an online networking platform.
Objectives of the project
- To attract more young people in the fashion, textiles and clothing sectors, and thus, offering a new workforce that is VET recognized, skilled and competent for the 21st century labour needs, trained through work-based training and apprenticeships in direct liaison with the industry.
- To contribute to the development of greener, more circular and sustainable economic models in the fashion, textiles and clothing sectors, as well as more ethical and concentrated on fair trade values
- To establish a Green Entrepreneurship policy reform pathway aiming to incorporate sustainability concerns within entrepreneurial planning
- To support entrepreneurship through start-ups and incubation
- To enhance entrepreneurial skills and competences among the current and future workforce